The author has been described by News Ltd as an "iconoclast", "Svengali", a pollie's "economist muse", and "pungently accurate". Fairfax says he is a "Renaissance man" and "one of Australia’s most respected analysts." Stephen Koukoulas concludes that he is "85% right", and "would make a great Opposition leader." Terry McCrann claims the author thinks "‘nuance’ is a trendy village in the south of France", but can be "scintillating" when he thinks "clearly". The ACTU reckons he’s "an enigma wrapped in a Bloomberg terminal, wrapped in some apparently well-honed abs."

Friday, September 23, 2011

Officially Australia's biggest dove: Koukoulos calls 3x rate cuts this year; 5 cuts by June 12

From Koukie's Twitter feed:

"My call cash 4% by Dec; 3.5% Jun '12"

I will run around Martin Place naked if the RBA's official cash rate is at 3.5% in June next year. Would, of course, be wonderful for those punting on higher house prices.

Update: I offered this bet to Kouk, but he did not accept. As Kouk said today, "u then offered a bet which I rejected saying the "I don't bet flesh"... I don't want you to do it for many reasons..."